Blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes – all types of acne that can strike any age, but it is seen mostly during the teen years. Sometimes it can be hard to find an acne treatment that works. Preventing acne can be a bit frustrating. It helps if you understand how acne occurs and how different treatments work to cure acne
Be patient. Expect it to take about 8 weeks for you to see real improvements in your acne and begin to enjoy smoother, healthier looking skin. Once you have your acne under control, you need to stick with the treatment or treatments you found that work so that your acne does not return. Let’s look at some great tips to treat acne.
1. Diet Every day you should eat a minimum of five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables, which are packed with nutrients that are good for your body and your skin. These foods are packed with antioxidants, which will boost your immune system, and help your body fight off acne.
You should also eliminate fatty foods and refined sugar from your diet. Neither is good for your skin and can cause acne.
Finally, you need to drink 8 – 10 glasses of water every day. Water hydrates the skin and it flushes toxins from the body. Your skin is your largest organ and water is its best medicine.
2. Exercise Exercising regularly not only helps you stay fit, it boosts your immune system and helps your body eliminate toxins. Exercise is excellent in the fight against acne.
3. Cosmetics Always use cosmetics that are hypoallergenic and water based. Cosmetics that are that are oil based, heavy cream, or contain coal tar derivatives can cause acne or make your acne worse.
4. Hormones Hormones are key to acne, which is why teenagers tend to have much higher rates of acne than other age groups, although acne can continue on past 50. Hormone caused acne is sometimes treated with HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) to reduce or eliminate your acne.
5. Stress Stress can really play a role in acne outbreaks. Emotions cause chemical reactions in your body, which can result in an acne outbreak. So learn to relax!
6. Clean Your Skin Morning and night, you should use a mild cleaning regime, to remove makeup. Once a week exfoliate, which will gently remove dead skin, and unplug your pores.
If you have serious acne it is best to consult a dermatologist, but for most acne, these treatments will really help.
Did you know you can order your skin care products online from Complexion By Design